Copyright 2020 - Copyright 2019 - Benha Unviversity - Designed and developed by portal team

 

History of the Faculty of Applied Arts in Egypt

The Faculty of Applied Arts had been established as a scientific institute in the modern age. It was established during the age of Mohamed Ali Pasha as the school of processes which prepared the practical engineers and technical trainers. Then, it was named as school of professions and arts. In 1910, the cabinet issued a resolution to make the study 5 years. In 1949, its name was changed to the higher institute of applied arts. In 1950, the name was changed to the Royal Faculty of Applied Arts. After the revolution of July 1952, the name was changed to the faculty of applied arts in Giza. In the current time it belongs to Helwan University. Recently, faculties of applied arts have been established in Damietta, Mansoura University – Benha, Benha University. The Faculty of Applied Arts – Benha University has been established according to the military resolution No.104 in 02/06/2011 for the academic year 2011/2012 for its distinguished geographical location.